Windows Defender antivirus program, though it offers protection to your Windows 10 operating system from various Malware, Spyware, and Viruses; but, in order to give your computer better security never relies on any particular antivirus software especially on Windows Defender who do not offer guarantee for the same.
So, knowing that many users want to Uninstall the Windows Defender in Windows 10 to install some other antivirus; but, being from a non-technical background not everyone is a pro in doing that. Therefore, having this in mind, we below-mentioned few methods which you all can try to uninstall, remove or disable Windows Defender from Windows 10:
Method 1: Uninstall, Remove or Turn Off Windows Defender from Windows 10 from Control Panel:
- To uninstall or to turn off Windows Defender. You need to go to Windows Settings and for that press and hold (Windows key + I) shortcut for a while.
- Doing so will open ‘Windows Settings’ from where you need to further open the ‘Update & Security’ option.
- Then, under it choose the ‘Virus and Threat’ protection in order to open Windows Defender.
- Once you opened it, further search for the ‘Manage Settings’ option in order to click on it.
- There you’ll see the ‘Real-Time Protection’ toggle switch (on and off button) on the right panel.
- Now, in order to turn off Windows Defender from Windows 10 operating system. Hit on that toggle switch to turn it off.
- That’s it! By performing these steps, you will finally be able to turn off your Windows Defender Windows 10 real-time protection.
Method 2: Remove Windows Defender by Installing other ‘Third-Party Antivirus Software’ on Windows 10
Without having much trouble related to steps and procedures. Users can easily remove or disable their in-built Windows Defender antivirus protection software from Windows 10. To do so, install other third-party antivirus protection software. To protect your computer from all kinds of threats and for the smooth functioning of the system.
It is so because Microsoft’s Windows Defender is generally set up to detect other third-party antivirus protection software. And as soon as it detects other antivirus programs. It will automatically disable itself in order to avoid conflicts. With that third-party antivirus program software on your Windows 10 operating system.
Method 3: Delete or Uninstall Windows using ‘Local Group Policy Editor’
- To use ‘Local Group Policy Editor’ you need to open it by typing ‘gpedit.msc’ in the ‘Run Dialog Box’ which will pop-up in front of you after you press the ‘Win + R’ key shortcut.
- After that, the Local Group Policy Editor navigated through ‘Computer configuration’, ‘Administrative templates’, ‘Windows components’ in order to open ‘Windows Defender Antivirus’ finally.
- In that, click on the option of ‘Turn off Windows Defender’ from the right panel and then untick the ‘Enabled’ box to disable Windows Defender Antivirus from your computer.
- Now, click on ‘Next’, ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ buttons to save changes and then restart your Windows 10 operating system to check whether you performed all the steps correctly.
Method 4: Disable Windows Defender with the help of “Registry Editor”
- In order to disable or uninstall Windows Defender using the Registry Editor, what you need to do is press (Win + R) key shortcut for a while.
- Then, a ‘Run Command Dialog Box’ pops-up in front of you.
- In that dialog box, type “Regedit” to finally open ‘Registry Editor’ by clicking on ‘Yes’ to the permission asked by “User Account Control.”
- After that, the Registry Editor navigated from ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft’ to ‘Windows Defender,’ in order to open it.
- Now, once you opened Windows Defender, click on the “DWORD (32-Bit) Value” which is on the right panel and name it as “Disable Antispyware.”
- Then, hit ‘Enter’ and click double on the recently named ‘Disable Anti Spyware’ to change its value from 0 to 1.
- Once you changed the value, click on the ‘OK’ button to apply all the changes.
- Now, give a quick reboot to your Windows 10 operating system to make sure that you’ve made all the changes correctly.
- That’s it! This way, you’ll be able to finally disable the Windows Defender from your Windows 10 operating system.
However, in case, you’re still not able to uninstall Windows Defender. The antivirus program from your Windows 10 system. Then lookout for some assistance on this matter at various technical sites such as you can visit the “Getassit.net” technical website where its technical team will definitely help you with all your queries related to Windows.