Without a second thought, you can admit that every technical device needs to be updated on time so that they can function properly. And, if you forget to do so, you can bear serious consequences. As they trouble you in every possible way by encountering numerous errors/issues. Similarly, for the better and smooth functioning of Windows 10. Your PC is also required to be updated with the latest update periodically.
And, though your Windows operating system provides you the facility to automatically download and update the system; you can also choose the option of manually downloading the latest update for your operating system.
However, before, starting with the process of how you can manually update your Windows 10, it is important to understand the advantages and disadvantages of Manually checking and downloading Windows 10 updates in your operating system. So, based on that, we’ve mentioned the same for your better understanding, let’s have a look:
- If you choose the manual method to update your Windows 10, then you have full control over the available updates.
- With the manual method, you have the option to delay the installation process of the available new update.
- Also, the manual method offers you the opportunity to install the ‘Security-only updates’ on your Windows operating system.
- Instead of automatic if you choose a manual method then you yourself have to check periodically about the ‘Update Information’ whether the new update is available or not.
- Also, as compared to automatic, manual methods consume more time in researching and updating Windows 10 systems.
Now, as you came to know enough about the pros and cons of manually updating Windows 10; let’s move on to learn the process of how you can check.
Download and install the latest Windows 10 update with the help of below-mentioned steps:
- To start with the process, first and foremost press the ‘Windows logo key’ from your keyboard to open the ‘Windows Start Menu.’
- Then, from the menu click on the option of ‘Settings icon’ in order to open the ‘Settings Menu window.’
- After that from the bottom of the ‘Settings Menu’ simply click on the option of ‘Update and Security.’
- Under the ‘Update and Security’ tab click on the option of ‘Check for Updates’ to check whether there’s an update available or not for the Windows 10 system.
- If there’s no update available then you have to wait for a few days and then need to check for the new update.
- If automatically updated, you’ll get a message that says— “Your PC is up to date.”
- And, in case, if there’s an update available ready for download then, you have to further follow few steps such as:
- You need to open your ‘Windows Start Menu’ to click on ‘Microsoft System Center’ in order to navigate yourself to the ‘Software Center.’
- Under it, go to its left menu and simply click on the ‘Update section menu.’
- Then, from it, click on the ‘Install’ button to finally install the Windows 10 latest update.
- Now, after completing the installation process by following the on-screen instructions, restart your computer to apply the changes.
That’s all! This is the process that you have to follow correctly in order to Manually update Windows 10 system to run it efficiently and smoothly otherwise; you won’t be able to update your Windows 10. So, keep this in mind while following the above-mentioned steps.